PuffCuff Hair Clamp is designed to GRASP your hair, lock into its texture and hold hair in a puff style. Our original 5" PuffCuff is demonstrated above. The unique teeth are designed to hold the clamp in place, NOT to glide through the hair like a comb or the old "banana clip". Even though the look of the PuffCuff is similar to the old "banana clip" it DOES NOT function the same.
1. If you have extremely thick hair, you may want to dampen it with water or your favorite moisturizer.
2. Gather hair as if creating a ponytail.
3. While holding hair, INSERT (we stress INSERT) the teeth of one arm of the PuffCuff into hair at the base of puff, as close to the scalp as possible.
4. While still holding gathered hair, use free hand to insert teeth of the opposite arm into hair as close to the base of puff on the opposite side of head.
5. Do NOT let go of gathered hair. Insert both arms into the hair at the base of puff, push arms toward each other overlapping the hooks. Gently pull arms in opposite direction to interlock hooks and close the clamp.
6. Let go of gathered hair. Fluff and enjoy a painless puff!
Gather your hair as if you're creating a ponytail and match your fist size to the suggested PuffCuff above. For example, if the opening is your fist is very broad, you will need a larger PuffCuff. The diameter of the base of your ponytail should be approximately the same size as the PuffCuff you wish to use.
We made the PuffCuff in different sizes to give you more styling options. Don't get stuck with the idea that you can only use one size. We encourage you to be creative and try a variety of styles. You can use two different sizes at once to achieve various styles. We love seeing styles like the "frohawk" (using three PuffCuff Micros) or the "double puff" (using two PuffCuff Minis). Think outside of the box and achieve limitless styling options!
We understand choosing the right PuffCuff may seem confusing. Don't worry because help is here! We've created a quiz that first determines your hair type and then suggests which PuffCuff is best for your hair type. To assist you with your decision, we've put the icing on the cake. Once you finish the quiz, you'll see individuals with different hair types and achieving different hairstyles using the PuffCuff. PuffCuff is available in various sizes, giving you more styling options and encouraging creativity in your styles! Take this short quiz and get an instant recommendation. Remember, always gather your hair first no matter what size PuffCuff you choose to style your hair.
Sign-up for more tips and tricks to styling and maintaining curly hair with PuffCuff.